Upcoming Cooking Classes 2013
Feb. 11 - 12
April 22 - 23
June 17 - 18
Oct. 28 - 29
The Monday-Tuesday package features a class each morning, in the Inn’s kitchen, with Chef/Owner Suzie Blanchard, who brings knowledge, humor and panache to every topic. The cooking classes will be packed with cooking facts and techniques, combined with fun-filled instruction and hands-on participation. You will also receive a take-home notebook full of food information and recipes from class and an official Meander Cooking School apron. Monday’s class culminates with lunch of your class-prepared dishes.
The two afternoons offer opportunities for local Foodie Tours (guided and self guided). Monday afternoon will feature a ”Culpeper Culinary Tour” of a variety of the fantastic “foodie” shops that are flourishing in beautiful, quaint downtown Culpeper. We’ve made arrangements for special discussions and tastings. Included stops may be: Frenchman’s Corner for cheeses and chocolates, tastings for olive oil and vinegar’s, Vinocity for wine and beer, and Tom Calhoun’s Market for the state’s finest Virginia country ham.
Monday evening’s more casual dinner will begin with a Virginia wine tasting class, with emphasis on the effect proper glass shapes have on the wines.
Tuesday afternoon we’ll send you off with a picnic lunch and suggested itineraries to explore on your own. You might choose Everona Dairy in nearby Rapidan for a tour and tasting of the most award-winning sheep’s milk cheese in the United States, or touring and tasting at surrounding wineries (we’ll provide the free tasting coupons to most), or go the historical route and tour Montpelier, the historic home of President James and Dolley Madison, or any of the many Civil War battlefields close by.
Tuesday night you will enjoy our acclaimed five-course, candlelight dinner prepared by Chef Blanchard, with dishes you helped prepare incorporated into the menu. In addition, each course will be paired with a Virginia wine selected by Innkeeper (and resident sommelier) Suzanne Thomas.
The Cooking School Package
Priced at $1050 (plus taxes) based on double occupancy includes:
- Two nights lodging in one of our beautiful Virginia Inn rooms or suites. (Reserve early; it’s first come, first choice on accommodations.)
- Full seasonal, freshly prepared, locally sourced breakfast each morning
- Class materials in a take-home notebook full of recipes, tips and information
- Cooking School apron
- In-kitchen, hands-on classes Monday and Tuesday mornings
- Lunch at the Inn on Monday
- Take-along picnic on Tuesday
- Casual three course dinner Monday night, following our wine glass tasting and class
- Tuesday signature 5-course wine-paired dinner
* (Price does not include taxes, gratuities or additional alcoholic beverages. Single occupancy option available for $600.)
Ask about our Special Sunday Night Prior special!